|Basic biographical summary of this person
|Full name||Eadweard James MUYBRIDGE|
|Relevance of this person||pioneer of chronophotography and lantern lecturer |
|Main period of activity||N/A|
His name at birth was Edward James Muggeridge.
|9 April 1830||born at||Kingston-on-Thames, Surrey, England|
|8 May 1904||74||died at||Kingston-on-Thames, Surrey, England|
|Slide sets linked to this person||photographer: Animal locomotion (lecture: Newton & Co., 51 slides, n.d.)|
(* = main subject)
* Stephen Herbert (editor), Eadweard Muybridge: the Kingston Museum bequest (Hastings: The Projection Box, 2004)
* Notes in OMLJ 6.74 (July 1895)
– planning lecture tour of Britain
* Stephen Herbert, Quick change: Muybridge's patented slide-changer in NMLJ 9.2 (Summer 2002)
* Stephen Herbert and Luke McKernan (editors), Who's who of Victorian cinema: a worldwide survey (London: British Film Institute, 1996), pp. 99-100
|Lucerna ID no. 6003096||Record created by Richard Crangle. Last updated 4 October 2016|
How to cite this record: all the information in Lucerna is freely available for use for any legal non-commercial purpose. If you use any of the information on this page, please credit it in the following (or an equivalent) style:
Lucerna Magic Lantern Web Resource, www.slides.uni.trier.de/person/index.php?id=6003096. Accessed 25 April 2017.
All Lucerna data is published in good faith as the latest known version of the information, but without any guarantee as to its accuracy or completeness. If you can correct or add to our information, or supply any images, please Contact us.